[ferret_users] Announcing the official release of PyFerret and Ferret version 7

    * * * Announcing the official release of PyFerret and Ferret version 7.0 for Linux and Mac platforms  * * *

  • This release includes new methods in PyFerret for the Python user to harness Ferret's power, but without having to know Ferret syntax.

  • From Ferret and pyFerret command line, it includes on-the-fly aggregations to define virtual datasets in Time, Ensemble, and Forecast directions; new graphics options; and several improvements that make working in Ferret a bit friendlier.  The release also includes a number of bug fixes.

  • The full release notes are here: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/release-notes/version-7-0-release-notes

  • The source code and releases are available as usual from the Downloads pages on our main web site, and also from from the NOAA-PMEL PyFerret and Ferret GitHub repositories.  See the main Ferret or PyFerret downloads pages for details.

  • For our Mac users, you will find that PyFerret requires installing Python libraries.

Happy Ferreting!

Ansley Manke, Karl Smith, Steve Hankin