[ferret_users] ferret graphic window running on remote computer

Hi all,

I have been running ferret on a remote Linux computer, Jet, from my desktop. I use "ssh -X -L27414:localhost:27414 Jet" to make the connection. This works fine until my desktop was upgraded from RedHat5 to RedHat6. Now, when a plotting command is issued in ferret on Jet, a frame of the ferret graphic window would pop up and freeze there. No graphic would show, just the frame of the window. On the other hand I have no problem view any figures on Jet from my desktop by  "gs figure.ps". This suggests that the X window forwarding is working. Anyone knows what went wrong?

Thanks,

Dongxiao

--
Dongxiao Zhang, Ph.D.