Re: [ferret_users]

Hi Masud,
Yes, because the data is on a climatological axis, you can give a date range that spans a different range than January-December.  Try these examples which use the included dataset coads_climatology:

yes? use coads_climatology
yes? let xtvar = sst[y=@ave]

yes? shade/t=1-jun-0000:31-may-0001 xtvar
The years 0000, 0001 are taken to be abstract years, so above plot labels the months J J A S, ... with no year shown.

Data on a climatological axis can also be translated to any year(s), and for a range of longer than a year the data will be repeated in each year.  So if in fact you had data which represented a climatology computed from some range of years, you could show it this way:
yes? shade/t=1-jun-2000:1-jun-2010 xtvar
-Ansley