Re: [ferret_users] Results of EOF analysis

Dear all.

 Greetings! I am using gridded argo data in my project. I use ferret software to make EOF analysis (spatial and temporal variability). i have the following doubts.

1.  i used the command eofsvd_space - whether this command will give the temporal variation in spatial manner or spatial variability?

2. i used EOFSVD_SPACE for two region one in arabian sea and another in BOB.  i have attached the output. it is observed that more variability is  in northern bay of both region. my doubt is the variation indicate, one is(BOB) in positive and another(arabian sea) is negative what is physical meaning behind this?

could you please reply for the above my doubt. if you could send some material to understand the eof analysis it will be greatfull.

Regards
Ramesh