[ferret_users] test_opendap() on file not in ./

Hello,

I would like to use test_opendap() on a local file that is in
${FER_DATA} but not in the current directory:

    yes? say `test_opendap("levitus_climatology.cdf")`
    2

The return code 2 should mean the file does not exist.  However,

    yes? use "levitus_climatology.cdf"
    yes? sh data
         currently SET data sets:
        1> /usr/local/install/ferret-6.9.6/data/levitus_climatology.cdf
        (default) name     title                             I
        J         K         L         M         N TEMP
        TEMPERATURE                      1:360     1:180
        1:20      ...       ...       ... SALT
        SALINITY                         1:360     1:180

If I put the file in the current directory (where I start Ferret),
test_opendap() returns zero (no error).

Is this a bug?

Is there another way to gracefully test the existence and sanity of a
NetCDF file in Ferret?

Marco

--
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et l'Environnement (LSCE)
Tel: +33 1 6908 3876