Re: [ferret_users] Bailing out of external function "eofsvd_space"

Hi,
The EOF Functions return spatial patterns in XY,  and the corresponding time functions and so forth. If there is a Z variation then the analysis is returned at each Z level. As the other answer says, it's important to be careful interpreting the results. In any analysis, even if a piece of software returns a result, it's important to understand what you are looking at.  Your spatial patterns will be just 3 values in the Y direction.

The error message is saying that the data has missing values in the T direction. When the function is called, it first finds all XY locations where the time series are complete and includes only those locations in the calculation.  So to get it to return a result, you will need to FILL in the time direction, for instance,
let filled_var = var[L=@FLN]
and send filled_var into the EOF_SVD functions.

Ansley