Re: [ferret_users] Bailing out of external function "eofsvd_space"

Hi, Mr. Reddy

please try this for your EOF analysis but you should be very careful while doing this analysis. this analysis is very sensitive for lan, lon size, level and number of time steps. for this analysis you have to first extract the data for your desire latitude, longitudes, level and time after that you will be able to perform EOF analysis. i hope that this way will provide you suitable results. i think you have to plot for average value of k=1:9. Then while extracting the data for your desirability make k=1:9@ave then perform eof analysis.

my_var=Gridded_SST[x=--:--, y=--:--, k=1:9@ave, l=--:--]

set mem/size=950
let sst_eofsp = eofsvd_space(my_var)

set mem/size=950
let sst_eoft = eofsvd_tfunc(my_var)

set mem/size=950
let sst_eofst = eofsvd_stat(my_var)

set mem/size=950
set viewport upper
fill/l=2/palette=blue_orange sst_eofsp
go fland

set mem/size=950
set viewport lower
plot/i=2 sst_eoft

((( l=1,2,3 are for first, second and third mode of eof spatial pattern )))
(( i=1,2,3 are for  first, second and third mode of PC pattern for corresponding eof spatial pattern ))

Note - please go through the literature if you require detrended data then first extract the data for your desire latitude, longitudes and time and then detrend it and save it into a NC file. now perform eof analysis.

i am not so sure about averaging the levels before eof analysis but please try out this if you require further assistance then please let us know.

saurabh
rohitsrb2020@xxxxxxxxx
+91-8345984434