Re: [ferret_users] Regridding the point locations data into spatial manner

Op wo 17 feb 2016 09:58:24 CET schreef Ansley:
> Of course.    I typed that without testing.  For a small number of
> variables such as this we can do it in two stages. Instead of the
> definition I used for temp_3y,
>
>     let temp_32 = YCAT(temp[d=3], temp[d=2])
>     let temp_3y = YCAT(temp_32, temp[d=1])
>
> With more than just 3 or 4 variables, this kind of logic quickly gets
> unwieldy and we would need another solution.

Even though it is basically more from the above, the following lines I
recently wrote may be of use.  With it one can easily do as many
concatenation iterations as Ferret can handle.

    query/ignore $1%<Usage: go concat ARRAYS FLAT_ARRAY%

    ! Concatenate arrays of array names to a single array.
    ! This is done recursively, since XCat_str() only accepts two arguments.
    !
    let tmp_1 = `$1[i=1]`
    let num_arrays = `$1,return=isize`
    repeat/range=2:`num_arrays`/name=ind ( \
        def symb ind = `ind` ;\
        def symb prev= `ind-1` ;\
        let tmp_($ind) = XCat_str( tmp_($prev), `$1[i=($ind)]` ) ;\
    )
    let $2 = tmp_($ind)

Marco

--
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et l'Environnement (LSCE)
Tel: +33 1 6908 3876