Re: [ferret_users] plot/i=1:10: No such file or directory when running Ferret tour

Hi Nguyen,

From your screen shot, you have never run pyferret.  The '>' that your typed redirected output to a file called 'pyferret' (and since there was no command before it, there is probably an empty file called pyferret in that directory.

In the example you were looking at, the '> ' represents the shell command prompt.  SInce you are under bash, your shell command prompt is everything before and including the '$ '

I am assuming you have run the bin/Finstall script under the PyFerret installation directory, which will create the ferret_paths.sh script and the pyferret script.  If not, that is the first thing you need to do to finish the installation of PyFerret.

The following is close to what the session should look like to you.
I am going to assume your installation directory of /usr/local/PyFerret/ and you installed the ferret_paths.sh script in /usr/local/PyFerret/bin/  You will need to adjust for your actual location of where you put the ferret_paths.sh script.  In the following, the boldface is what you are typing, the rest are prompts and messages.  The "yes? " is the prompt for Ferret and Ferret commands in PyFerret

NguyenTuyet$ . /usr/local/PyFerret/bin/ferret_paths.sh
NguyenTuyet$ pyferret
     NOAA/PMEL TMAP
     FERRET v6.96 (PyFerret 1.2)
     Linux 2.6.32-573.8.1.el6.x86_64 - 12/22/15
      2-Feb-16 10:00

yes? set text /font=arial
yes? plot /i=1:10 1/i
yes? quit