[ferret_users] run ferret and pyferret together

Hi ferreters,

I would like to work with both tools for testing purposes.
But after having sourced the 2 different environnements,
I get some environment variables conflicts that
I do understand but don't know how to solve properly.
Any help on this topic would be welcomed.

So my steps are:

# source my startup files
. /opt/ferret-6.96/ferret_paths.sh
. /opt/pyferret-1.2.0/ferret_paths.sh

--> pyferret runs nicelly
--> but ferret complains with folowwing messages when you ask for a plot
ls: cannot access /opt/pyferret-1.2.0/ext_func/libs/: No such file or directory
 setfont: Read error on font file:/opt/pyferret-1.2.0/ppl/fonts/fnt01.chr

I know that if I redefine FER_FONTS and FER_LIBS correctly (ie pointing to /opt/ferret-6.96) or source again the ferret startup, ferret will work again but then not anymore pyferret
that will complains with a
setfont: Read error on font file:/opt/ferret-6.96/ppl/fonts/fnt01.chr

So could the environnement variables needed by ferret and pyferret be compatible or organized in a way that both tools could be used without dealing with environment variables redefinition (perhaps build a ferret script executable as pyferret ?).

Regards
Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer