[ferret_users] regridding of a regular lat,lon,depth grid onto a grid without Lat,lon,dep coordinates

Hi all,

Currently using ferret v6.842.

I have a 3D matrix of nitrate concentrations (N_AN) taken from the World Ocean Atlas 2013. This dataset has the following grid coordinates:

I have ensured that all land points are filled in with averages using the @fav command so that I have a complete global dataset with no missing values where the land might exist.

What I want to do is regrid this data, represented in the figure on the left underneath this paragraph, onto the same grid as my Oxygen data, represented by the figure to the right underneath this paragraph. The oxygen data has the following grid coordinates:

OXYGEN CONCENTRATIONNITRATE CONCENTRATION

I have so far been unable to do this because when I define a new grid, like so:

The old grid is placed onto the new grid assuming that the new grid coordinates represent latitude and longitude. This is the problem. Essentially, the new grid only contains nitrate data from 0-130°E and from 0-114°N. Now, because latitudes between 90-114°N don’t exist, there is no data for this region (Fig. below)

I’m really not sure how to fix this problem. I want the original dataset of Nitrate[360,180,102] to be placed within a new grid of Nitrate[130,114,21].

Thanks for any suggestions!

Pearse

Pearse J. Buchanan

PhD Candidate / CSIRO-UTAS Quantitative Marine Science

Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS), University of Tasmania

sig

~~~ “Ocean deoxygenation: A Palaeo-Modelling Perspective” ~~~

Parts of the Ocean are predicted to lose oxygen in the coming century. But why?

Looking into the past, how does oxygen in the ocean change across climate transitions?