[ferret_users] records

Hi all,

Is it possible to define data structures that are more complex than
scalars and arrays?  I am talking about records [1], so e.g.

    let A.x = "some name"
    let A.y = 10
    let A.z = 3.14

Ultimately I'd like to define an array consisting of records:

    let B.x = {"first name", "second name", "third name"}
    let B.y = {1, 2, 3}
    let B.z = {0.1, 0.2, 0.3}

or the other way around starting with records and putting them in an
array:

    let C = { A, A2, ... }

Note that none of the above command don't work in Ferret, but I hope it
is clear what I would like to do :-)

Marco

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_(computer_science)#Examples

--
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et l'Environnement (LSCE)
Tel: +33 1 6908 3876