Re: [ferret_users] extracting boundary information from a masked file

Dhirendra,

Since you're dealing with 2D fields it will be easier to build a land mask from 2D variables than a 1D lat/lon boundary.

You say that your values are over land only, are they 1D or 2D ?

If your data is 1D, first build a 2D field using a 'scat2grid*' function (do list them, try: yes? sh fun scat2grid* ), then it should be straightforward to build a land mask from your own data (let msk = if your_var then 1).

The attached script illustrates how 2D var masking works.

Paulo