Re: [ferret_users] Read value from text file

Dear sir,
I have already tried that way of reading the value from file but i get a syntax while executing..

use ....nc
file/var="dpt,tm" input.dat
fill/k=dpt[d=1]/l=tm[d=1]  ....

as you said .. now i even tried
fill/k=dpt[i=1,d=1]/l=tm[i=1,d=1] ...

still there is an error... so is this the way or any other way of reading the value is my doubt...

regards

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Ryo Furue <furue@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> But now i want my script to take the values from a text file which contains
> the ascii values of the specifications (like lat, lon, time, level and
> so).

In that case, I suggest you consult the Ferret manual about reading
ascii data.  And then:

  !--- Read your ASCII file ---
   file/var="Kval,Lval, . . ."/  . . . your-ascii-file.txt
   !-- Plot ---
   fill/L=`Lval[i=1,d=1]`/K=`Kval[i=1,d=1]`/ . . . .

Ryo

--
Gayatri Vani K
Project Engineer