Re: [ferret_users] clear a line

Hi,

> control-u will clear all the text from a line and position your cursor at
> the beginning ready to type a new command.

I didn't know that!

A more traditional(*) way is,  Ctrl-a Ctrl-k:

  Ctrl-a  ---  moves the cursor to the top of the line;
  Ctrl-k  ---  deletes (kills) the line.

By the way, the deleted line is actually stored in the clipboard, so
that you can paste it at the cursor point by

   Ctrl-y

Cheers,

Ryo
By "more traditional" I mean the emacs shortcuts.  Ctrl-u isn't always
available, but Ctrl-a and Ctrl-k almost always are.  If you use Mac,
try them on Safari (in the search box, address bar, or any text box),
for example.  I'm indeed composing this message on Safari using those
shortcuts.