RE: [ferret_users] trend of SST

Dear Nitin,

I am not too sure, what you are asking.

The command for a line plot (or more generally graphing a variable with just one dimensions) is just: plot

I am assuming that you would want to average over a region for this. Then you need one of the maths operators to average. If ferret can understand your data in lat lon then you could say:

plot sst(lon=150:180@ave,lat=20:50@ave)

for example and this should plot the average of the variable sst over the region lon=150-180E , lat=20-50N, against the third dimension assuming sst is a variable with three dimensions, and ferret can understand the dimensions in the data file called lon and lat - if it is netcdf there is a good chance, if not you have to put sst on a grid yourself.

I hope this is a start; the user guide will tell you more - as always.

Best wishes,

Joerg