Re: [ferret_users] limits on CSV field and record sizes

Hello Ansley,

Le 2015-05-26 Ansley a écrit:
> The 20480 points is the default "abstract" axis.  This behavior
> changed with Ferret v6.93. Ferret now opens the file and determines
> the number of records, then defines an axis of the right length.
> However for earlier versions you can define a longer axis and read
> your data onto that:
>
>     yes? DEFINE AXIS/X/X=1:50000:1 longax
>     yes? DEFINE GRID/X=longax biggrid
>     yes? FILE/VAR=height/GRID=biggrid plant.dat
>     yes? PLOT height
>
> I'm not sure what's going on with the behavior you're seeing  that's
> setting a length of 1530 , but try defining your own axis that's the
> same length or longer than the file length.
>
> The FILE or SET DATA/EZ command is limited to 20 variables but the
> "delimited
> <http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/data-set-basics/ASCII-DATA#_VPID_57>"
> read is not. This feature is intended to read spreadsheet files. You
> can define one or more delimiters, and tell Ferret the expected data
> type of the variables.

Using FILE/FORMAT=delim works perfectly upto 100 columns.
Defining a long axis enables me to read many more records.

Thank you for the help.

Marco

--
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et l'Environnement (LSCE)
Tel: +33 1 6908 3876

Consider liberating your papers and data -- https://creativecommons.org/