Re: [ferret_users] Calculation of difference.

Hi,

First, there's a lot of clutter in your list of commands/script that makes it a bit difficult to see whats going on. It's a good idea to
cut things back to the bare essentials so we can figure out what's going on. Also it would be nicer to attach the .jnl file rather than
a screen shot of it.

Now, to your question, it looks as if there is a problem with the regridding of  T_20[d=2] to the pottmp[d=1] grid. What are the results
from

show grid T_20[d=2]
show grid pottmp[d=1]

Try

list T_20[d=2]   ! T_20 on its native grid

and

list T_20[d=2,g=pottmp[d=1]]    ! regridded.

To see if there is a problem. I'm guessing that the second file contains an observation at a point and Ferret may be getting
confused about the regridding. Using "SET REGION" can cause some problems on occasion.

Cheers,
Russ