Re: [ferret_users] label.

thanks guys for your kind help...

cheers.

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Ansley Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I think the confusion may be about the interaction of the /NOLAB and /TITLE  qualifiers.  What /TITLE does is define a string which will be the title, if the title label is displayed.  The /NOLAB qualifier removes all labels, no matter what other qualifiers are on the plotting command.  The order in which qualifiers appear does not matter: /NOLAB prevents all of the usual automatic labels from being drawn by the plot command.

LABEL stands on its own and can be issued any time after the plot is drawn, while you are still working in the same viewport. It is used with /USER or /NOUSER or with no location arguments, as the last message said.

Try this:
yes? go multi_view 3, 1, .8, .1, 0, .2, .1, .1
yes? use coads_climatology
yes? set view v11
yes? fill/L=1/x=0:360/y=-90:90/nolabel sst
yes? label/user 180,95,0,0,0.12,"January SST"
There's another way control labels, but which also gives you more control. That is to use the /SET qualifier, and PPL commands to remove individual labels. Here's the documentation on that:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/customizing-plots/LABELS#_VPID_236

 Continue the example:
yes? cancel mode logo  !don't draw the Ferret lines in the upper right
yes? set view v21

yes? fill/L=2/x=0:360/y=-90:90/Title="February SST"/SET  sst
yes? ppl xlab " "
yes? ppl ylab " "
yes? go unlabel ($labnum_T)
yes? go unlabel ($labnum_dset)