Re: [ferret_users] pattern pyferret workaround

Hi Patrick,
The plot marks available for PLOT/SYMBOL= are quite thoroughly harde-coded into Ferret/GKS. For now I think the only way to do that would be to use a large number of LABEL commands to put other symbols on a plot. I have not experimented with that to see how well it works. Of course it's not that convenient but a script might be written to do it in a general way.

We are just getting underway a project to call true fonts from PyFerret. When it is done, this should make it possible to work with symbols from various font families.

Ansley