[ferret_users] pattern pyferret workaround

Hi all,

I know that pattern is not yet supported by the new graphics engines
implemented in pyferret (1.1.0)

So I use as a workaround: the overlay of symbols.
Nice but it lacks a diagonal symbol '/' or '\'.

Symbol numbers specified from the /symbol= qualifier come from the PLOT MARK font table (@PM). See http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/user_guide_images/show_88_syms.gif

Is there a way to specify another font table like the CARTOGRAPHIC (@CA) where the symbol 11 could fit. See http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/ferret-fonts/list-of-ferret-fonts

Attached the workaround script.

Let me know if there are other perspectives.

Regards
Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer

use levitus_climatology
use etopo120

let ntemp=temp[g=rose[d=2]]

let t1=if ntemp[k=1,d=1] gt 20 then 1

let xpos=xsequence(t1*0+x[g=t1])
let ypos=xsequence(t1*0+y[g=t1])
let val=xsequence(t1*0)

shade ntemp[k=1,d=1]
plot/vs/ribbon/over/pal=black/symbol=($01%06%) xpos, ypos, val

! list of symbols from PLOT MARK font
! http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/user_guide_images/show_88_syms.gif