[ferret_users] how to define the color key in plot command

Hi friends,
Could you please let me know how I can redefine the color key? it is automatically  generated by the program while I want to define it by myself. actually I want to have them but define it in a way that I want.
for example redefining the black one  as " surface temp" (instead of temp[z=15])  and the red one "bottom temp" (instead of temp[z=1]).
Thank you,
Sara