[ferret_users] Version number in the package file name

Dear Ferret developers,

I have developed a package manager (https://github.com/dongli/packman), which can be run on many systems (e.g., Mac OS X, Ubuntu, CentOS). Ferret is also supported so that users can install ferret by invoking only one command:

  $ packman install ferret

PACKMAN will download the package file from its website. The SHA1 is used for checking if the file is OK. Many packages are distributed with version number in their file name, such as gcc-4.9.1.tar.bz2, and the file is frozen for each release. But I found Ferret package fer_source.tar.gz has no version number, and it is always changed! This causes maintain difficulty for me to support it.

So I would like to suggest that the version number is added to the package file name. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Li

Dr. Li Dong (董理)
LASG, Institute of Atmospheric Physics