Re: [ferret_users] how to change a time series steps to days and plotting for a specific depth

Hi Sara,
Instead of RESHAPE, use a regridding transformation. Regridding in T will keep the grid of the variable the same in all the other dimensions. RESHAPE is for changing from one entire grid to another. It will just take the first 7969 points of temp and put them on the new grid.

Because you are going from one time axis to another with the same number of points, but not from one calendar to another, you want to use the @ASN regridding transformation.

   Let temp_on_time=temp[gt=days_axis@ASN]

The axis you have defined will be labeled with just T=1:365. If you are asking how to get calendar time labels, then you need a /T0 qualifier on your DEFINE AXIS command.

If all of this doesn't answer the question then please write back with more information. I'm not sure which previous message you're talking about. Instead of referring to your last email, please show the grid of your variable.

Ansley