From: Karl Smith - NOAA Affiliate
Sent: 09 December 2014 00:59
To: Dr. Nuncio Murukesh
Cc: ferret_users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ferret_users] running pyferret

Hi Nuncio,

I am guessing you downloaded and install one of the RedHat versions of the PyFerret executables, which use Python2.6.  If you want to use Python2.7, you need to download one of the Ubuntu versions, which use Python2.7.  If you did download and install one of the Ubuntu versions, let me know.  (If you have RHEL7, which uses Python2.7, try the Ubuntu-14.04 64 bit version.  I have no access to an RHEL7 machine at this time, but I suspect it can be made to work.)

Best regards,
Karl