Re: [ferret_users] Counting Data-points

Thanks for the glowing reference, Billy, but that reply (nearly 4 years ago!) was in reference to  scattered data and is a bit of overkill for here as the data is gridded regularly. As Ansley points out a simple mask and either @NGD or @SUM does the trick.

As an addition to what Ansley suggested you can mask directly. You won't be able to use the @SUM transform to get the count but you can do things like taking averages of values above the threshold without going through intermediate steps. I've no idea about the efficiency of doing things in steps so that is left as an exercise for the reader...

let var_hi = IF var[x=170E:170W,y=30S:40S,t=10-Jan-2013:10-Dec-2013] GT 11 then var ! instead of 1

Russ