[ferret_users] Scale Factor in Polymark

I am trying to draw mooring avoidance circles over bathymetry data, and am currently using this command:
! Plot avoidance area for most recent mooring location
GO POLYMARK POLY/OVER/PALETTE=grey_light/NOLABELS Lon[i=1] Lat[i=1] , , circle 9

Is there a way to use actual geographic distances to define the radius of the circle?  For example, I want this circle to have a radius of 3NM.

I adjusted my plot Lat/Lon ranges so that the ratio of degrees per inch on each axis was the same (0.075°/inch).  Then I translated my desired circle radius to inches (3NM = 0.05° = 0.67” on my axis scale).  Now I can’t quite figure out how to translate that to the scale parameter.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do this last step?  Or should I be doing something different?

Thank you,

Jennifer Keene
Research Scientist/Engineer
NOAA Pacific Marine Environmental Lab