[ferret_users] RE: How to calculate seasonal rainfall totals from daily gridded rainfall?

Dear Colleague,

I am trying to calculate seasonal (DJF, MAM, JJA and SON) rainfall totals from daily gridded rainfall.  As an example, the information of gridded daily rainfall data is as follows.

!---------
yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1> ./pr_AWAP_day_native_2010.nc  (default)
 name     title                             I         J         K         L
 PR       Precipitation                    1:886     1:691     ...       1:365
!----------

Could you please let me know how to get these seasonal rainfall totals?

Many thanks,

Yun

Dr Yun Li
Principal Research Scientist
Data Analytics Program
CSIRO Digital Productivity and Services Flagship
Leeuwin Centre, 65 Brockway Road
Floreat, WA 6014, Australia
Phone: +61-8-9333-6388 Fax: +61-8-9333-6121
E-mail: Yun.Li@xxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.csiro.au/people/Yun.Li.html
ResearcherID