 Subject: Re: [ferret_users] Error in time series of velocity profile
 To: "ferret_users@xxxxxxxx" <ferret_users@xxxxxxxx>
 Date: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 9:29 PM

 Hi Sara,

 First, please try to reply to the user group rather than
 back to people personally so there's a record in the ferret
 mail archives of what's going on and somebody else may also
 be able to help.

 Ok, I'll assume that you have 200 points in your day of
 interest and that

 PLOT uvel

 or

 PLOT/k=1:200 uvel

 works ok apart from having an axis that runs from 1 to 200

 If the values are all zero (and you don't expect them to be
 zero) then there is a problem with
 the dataset and you will need to look into that first.

 def axis/t=0:24/npoints=200/units=hours hours_axis

 let uvel_on_time = RESHAPE(uvel,t[gt=hours_axis])
 plot uvel_on_time

 Should plot 200 values on an axis spanning 1 day.

 If you only want the first 25 values then your original post
 should have plotted things correctly.

 Cheers,
 Russ

 On 30/06/14 05:32, Sara Sari wrote:
 > Dear Russ,
 > Thank you very much for your help. could you please
 complete the command? I mean what to type after the :

 wrote:

 >   Subject: Re: [ferret_users] Error in
 time series of velocity profile
 >   To: ferret_users@xxxxxxxx
 >   Date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 4:21 PM

          Hi Sara,

      Your reshaping command doesn't make
 any sense. The
 >   new hour_axis
 >         is only 25 steps
 long but  you are trying to
 >   reshape a variable
 >         (uvel) which is
 200 units long. I guess it just takes
 >   the first 25
 >         steps of uvel but
 who knows.

      What are the first 25 values of
 uvel?

      If you really want a time axis from
 0 to 24 with 200
 >   points then
 >         try

      def
 axis/t=0:24/npoints=200/units=hours hours_axis

      If you only want the first 25 steps
 of uvel then you
 >   should
 >         replace "uvel"
 by
 >   "uvel[l=k=1:25]"  in your
 definition of
 >         uvel_on_time.

      Cheers,
 >           Russ

      On 07/06/14 05:11, 'Sara Sari' via
 _OAR PMEL
 >   Ferret Users wrote:

          Hi,
 >           Could any
 one please let me know whether or not
 >   the command

    whichI used for plotting time series of
 velocity
 >   profile is

    correct? I don't know why it just gives a
 >   solid horizontal

    line! I want to be sure that the problem
 is not
 >   with the

    ferret command.
 >           Thank