[ferret_users] Trying to understand logic behind stick plot

I read answer from ferret userlist regarding stick plot from here, and I don't have much knowledge about ferret, even to read source code

I have "UTC date, u - component, v-component " I am interested to calculate time shift, can someone please help me to calculate time shift for line segments,

My data looks something like this

UTC data, Zero, U-comp, V-component
 379987200000,0, -3.969,0.596
 382665600000,0, -4.578,-1.001
 385084800000,0,1.593,0.484
 387763200000,0, -1.622,1.58

Can someone please explain me, time shift for above input, I actually did not understand this "from (c*t, 0) to (c*t+u(t), v(t))", if I just add utc date to U(t) - component I will get very close value and I will not get slope, please help me..

Thanks in advace.

- Dona