Re: [ferret_users] extract values

Hi Ansley,

>> .. isn't this what you did to draw the outlines in your first message? >>
I am not sure what you are refering to but I didn't use PT_IN_POLY function in my reply to Nitin. I think he was intetested in calculating area averaged over a area which can be broken into a few rectangular regions. So I wrote him how that can be done.

In the mail, I referred to PT_IN_POLY function just to indicate that it is possible to compute area average even if that area has irregular shape. But yes, you are right, the function just needs lists of vertices so its NOT necessary to create NetCDF file from shape file; you only need to load the shape file in ferret (if the coordinates of the vertices are stored in shape file)

Jagadish