Re: [ferret_users] Converting Overturning circulation from depth axis to density axis

Hi Ferret users,

> But in any case a z-level streamfunction
> regridded to density is not a streamfunction in density levels.

and a correct way is

1) integrate v from bottom to z, with z variable:
     V(x,y,z,t) = integral{bottom to z} dz' v(x,y,z',t);
2) regrid (1) to density coordinates;
3) zonally integrate (2).

(I think somebody posted this method many years ago to this mailing list.)

The technical side of the outcrop problem Billy discusses is
automatically taken care of: You will just see a lot of diapycnic
volume flux at outcrops.  What is not easy is to interpret what the
flux means.

Regards,

Ryo