[ferret_users] event statistics

Dear ferret users,

I have a 1 dimensional time series with intermittent values equal to 1 and missing values in between (1's represent spells of certain events). I want to calculate number of spells of of 1's and other stats such as mean and medium duration of spells of 1's.

I guess @evnt transformation would be helpful for this, in particular defining ID number as outlined here http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2013/msg00277.html would provide an solution. I made an attempt accordingly but haven't been able to solve the problem.

I would appreciate any lead on this.

Thanks,

Jagadish