Re: [ferret_users] PyFerret issue - problem loading ESMP and CUR2RECT functions

Hi Vincent,

There is a separate ESMP package that is a Python interface to ESMF that needs to be installed.  Please see
https://earthsystemcog.org/projects/esmp/releases .  The download includes ESMF, but since you already have ESMF, all you need to do is copy the ESMP directory from the download to someplace where Python will find it (such as /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages), then "install" it by defining the environment variable ESMFMKFILE to be the location of the esmf.mk file (such as
/usr/local/esmf-6.2.0/lib/libO/Linux.gfortran.64.mpiuni.default/esmf.mk
and run the generateESMP_Config.py script from the ESMP directory.

Note that the ESMF folks are working on an improved Python interface called ESMPy.  But PyFerret still uses the ESMP package.

Regards,
Karl