[ferret_users] time axis limits with DES files?

Hi,

I'm using Andrew Wittenberg's make_des perl script to make a long time series from a bunch of netCDF files.  I have 4750 daily files, each with eight 3-hourly timesteps, everything uniform and CF-1.x compliant.  The DES file correctly lists all 4750 of the files, but when I use that DES file within ferret, ferret only sees the first 9440 time steps.  This 9440 number persists even when other nx/ny/nz grid parameters change.  Have I stumbled upon an internal limit within ferret, or is something else going on here?

I'm using ferret v6.82, on linux.

Thanks,

Andy

--