Re: [ferret_users] Building pyferret for Suse Linux 11 failed

Hein, thank you. Indeed I got it running this way. With some help I could also fix the other issues and could build pyferret by myself. The problem was an incomplete and inconsistent compiler installation. The other point is, that python is initialising the linking process and takes the linker
that is used when building python. This was very confusing for me.

Finally my hdf5 was build with szlib included. Either I made some error when linking hdf5 or the libsz is missing in pyferret. I added the link path for libsz like that for hdf5 and it works in the end.

Many thanks for all the support,
Martin