[ferret_users] land_detail and thick lines

Ferret users,

We noticed that when you use land_detail and thicken the lines in PostScript output (e.g., http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2006/msg00797.html), the coast lines get feather- or needle-like features (see attached).

I found these needles are sharp vertices of polygons.  To fix this, you can round the corners by inserting this global setting in your PostScript file

  1 setlinejoin

somewhere after the comment "% begin the plot".

I thought this may be done by default (by gksm2ps)
because Ferret doesn't (seem to) output polygons
that need sharp vertices.

Regards,

Ryo

PNG image