Re: [ferret_users] About format save image in ferret

Hi Raden Bima Yoga Barata -

The gif-images are for quick-look plots. You can make vector graphics from ferret using the Fprint utility from the command line:

yes? set mode meta
yes? [commands to make your plot]
yes? ppl clsplt
yes? can mode meta

This will produce a file called metafile.plt.

>From the command line (outside Ferret):
Fprint [options] -o filename.ps metafile.plt

This will produce filename.ps, which is a vector graphic that can be enlarged indefinitely. You can now use ps2pdf or whatever other utility you want to make other formats.

See the documentation for Fprint for the options, also see the user list for many contributions to thicken lines or otherwise improve the postscript output.

Billy K

On Nov 19, 2013, at 10:24 AM, raden bima wrote:

> Dear ferret users
>
> I need high resolution image from ferret. How to increase output image resolution in ferret? Any other format besides .gif images? because i cannot run Pyferret in my ubuntu 11.10.
>
> Thank you
> Best Regards
> Raden Bima Yoga Barata
> Ocean Engineering, Diponegoro University, Indonesia

William S. Kessler
NOAA / Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
7600 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle WA 98115 USA

william.s.kessler@xxxxxxxx
Tel: 206-526-6221