Re: [ferret_users] Making a Z-plot

Hi Luke,
You're nearly there. You just need to define a depth axis and then combine the two levels using IF/ELSE masking

def axis/z=0:10:10/depth/units="m" myz
let dummy2=dummy+z[gz=myz]   ! 2D dummy

! If level 1 we want the surface temp level 2 gets the 10m
! adding 0*dummy2 promotes to 2D

let var_2d = if k eq 1 then var2 + 0*dummy2 else var1

shade var_2d

In fact you could create the new variable directly without the intermediates var1,var2

let var_2d  = if k eq 2 reshape(temp1, dummy) + 0*z[gz=myz] else reshape(temp2, dummy)

Cheers,
Russ