Re: [ferret_users] Ferret crash with shade

Hi Bruno,
Thank you for the report. This happens with older versions of Ferret as well. (I was wondering if it might be some detail in double-precision Ferret, or something that occurred in a particular version of the NetCDF libraries, but it seems not.) It does not seem to relate to coordinate storage; the same thing happens if I force the coordinates to be stored as if they were regularly-spaced. For regularly-spaced grids, we store only the first coordinate, coordinate count, and delta-coordinate.

   yes? use/regulart mooring.nc

Your last example, where FILL looks so odd, is I think a good clue. A fill plot with up to 50000 time points is fine, over 50000 fills in part of the field with green. This seems to me that there is an unintended fixed value somewhere, perhaps in the graphics code, and which has different symptoms when the SHADE command is used. I will see if I can track this down.

Ansley