Re: [ferret_users] sea water toolbox with ferret

Hi Martin,

This would be great but I think it would be a pretty big project. As it stands, the Fortran version of the GSW TEOS-10 toolbox isn't really in a state that will easily be ported to be compatible with Ferret. It's very much based on scalars and I doubt if its performance will be too flash without a fair bit of effort.
I looked into it a while back but decided I didn't really have the time.

I do note that for those who have made the move to PyFerret that there appears to be an active project at

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gsw

https://ams.confex.com/ams/92Annual/webprogram/Paper193503.html

I've no idea how good it is or if it works with PyFerret but it could be worth looking at.

Russ