Re: [ferret_users] plot/startcolor=N qualifier

Hi Patrick,
Yes I see what you are saying.  Here is one way to make such a plot, using the legend.jnl script instead of the automatic legend. Of course a modified version of legend.jnl could be used to control the size and font for the legend labels or relocate the legend.
let pi=atan(1.)*4.
let a = (-1)*pi*4 + i[i=1:500]*(8*pi/500)
let b = sin(a)/a
ppl color 2, 0, 50, 100
ppl color 3, 100, 50, 0
plot/thick=3/dash=(0.05,0.1,0.2,0.1)/nokey/set b, b, b[i=@shf:20]
go legend 2 "variable B"
go legend 3 "shifted variable B"
ppl plot
A command option such as you suggest, to control the plot colors, would be useful.  I'll have a look and see if it is easy to implement.

Ansley