From: Martin Schmidt <martin.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ferret_users] Ferret crashes when generating the gif image
To: "jean li" <xgeast@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:15 AM

This is a known error, I do not know the reason.

The workaround is, to prepare a script, that generates the plot, say myscript.jnl.
If ready and everything is fine, quit ferret. Add the "frame" command as the last line of the script.

Now start ferret again:

ferret -gif -script myscript.jnl

This generates the desired gif image.

Hope this helps,
Martin

jean li wrote:
Hi All:

Lately I am having problems generating the gif image using ferret.  ferret either crashed, showing message like, " **ERROR Ferret crash; signal = 11"; Or capturing part of the screen shot, not the ferret display window.

I am running ferret v6.72 on 64bit Redhat Linux (2.6.18-308.1.1.el5).

Thanks for your help!

Jean