Re: [ferret_users] Palette Ideas?

Hi Luke and others,

> customizing palettes etc.  Luke, I encourage you to give it a try,
> it's a lot of fun.  The script
>
> yes? go try_palette  palette_name
>
> is an easy way to test palettes when you're making one.

If you want to replicate an existing palette, you will want
to know the RGB values of the colors. For such a purpose,
there are tools to indicate RGB values of the colors on
your computer screen.  For example, the Linux application
called "gpick" shows RGB (or CMYK if you like) values of
the pixel under the mouse cursor.  There seem to be
a lot of similar little applications ("color picker" is
a general name for such a tool).  Or you can use GIMP
or the like although it's overkill.

Cheers,
Ryo