Re: [ferret_users] concatenation problem

Hi,
Ferret writes irregularly-spaced axes with upper and lower grid-cell boundaries. See the description of this in the CF standard,
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.6/cf-conventions.html#cell-boundaries

It looks as if the last upper bound from one dataset is earlier than the first lower bound from the next dataset.  Ferret does not allow for discontinuous bounds on coordinate axes, so it puts in the extra point.

A solution might be to define the full destination axis, and regrid each 10-year section to that axis before writing. You'd need to specify the time range on each SAVE command.

Ansley