Re: [ferret_users] local minima and maxima computation

Hi,

I think Gopal really needs the @WEQ transformation unless he's only ever
interested in a 1D time series.

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/variables-xpressions/XPRESSIONS#_VPINDEXENTRY_532

The third and fourth examples show how to extract the values of a
variable at another's maxima

Essentially you create a third variable which has its maxima  (say in
time) subtracted from it. Locate the zero of this new variable and
construct an integrating kernel.

e.g.

let zero_chl_max = chl - chl[t=@max]
let kernel = zero_chl_max[t=@WEQ:0]