[ferret_users] Re: handling data

Hi all,
I could solve this problem to some extent by doing gaussian interpolation technique
I used scat2gridgauss_xy function to map the data on profile number and depths.
But now the problem is data size.
I going to get dimension size of 202670x293.
I tried to split the data also, it is giving the following error.
**ERROR in efcn_compute() allocating 475058480 bytes of memory
    work array 3:  X=1:202670, Y=1:293, Z=1:1, T=1:1, E=1:1, F=1:1
 **ERROR: error in external function
The only way to decrease the data size is to extract the data for Indian Ocean domain (original is world oceans)
Can anybody suggest me how to extract for my domain interest (data set is also having longitude and latitude as variables), and compress the data into the reasonable size.
Thanks in advance