Re: [ferret_users] Whether Spline interpolation is possible in ferret ?

Hi Dona,

If you were using PyFerret, and comfortable working in Python, you could make use of the interpolate module in SciPy (scipy.interpolate) to perform 1D and 2D spline interpolation.  (see: http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/tutorial/interpolate.html#spline-interpolation )

If you were doing this just once, or very rarely, you could pull the data from Ferret (PyFerret) into a NumPy array using pyferret.getdata, and then push the interpolated values into Ferret under a new variable name using pyferret.putdata.

If this was something you wanted more often, it would be worth the effort to create a Ferret external function written in Python and make it visible in Ferret using the Ferret command (in PyFerret) "DEFINE PYFUNCTION".

Karl