Re: [ferret_users] How to use looping in FERRET to do average over some period.

Hi,
Do not use looping.  Ferret's power is in working with entire grids in a few commands.  This is something you can do by defining the new time axis having time steps of 120 years, and regridding the data to that new axis using the @AVE regridding transformation.

We encourage Ferret users to start to learn how Ferret works by reading through the first chapter of the documentation.  The section called "thinking like a Ferret" has a useful description of the way that Ferret works.  In addition, try running the demo script,

yes? go regridding_demo

The examples there are not the same as what you describe, but they show the sequence of looking at the grid of your data, defining a new axis, and defining the new variables with a regridding transformation onto that new axis.

Ansley