Re: [ferret_users] LEVITUS Ocean Data/FERRET shows differing results

Le 24 mars 2013 à 18:24, Star Physicist a écrit :

Which way I should proceed then? How could I overcome this issue? Actually there is a function in CDO for vertical averaging over all grid points called "cdo vertmean ifile ofile" but I don't know whether it can handle bottom shallower sea level. Any suggestion?

You should compute a full 3D integral, not 1D/2D ou 2D/1D :

USE tanom_1955-2004_missing_value.nc

! Compute a Red Sea mask. Data dependant, what do you have for missing value ?
LET RedSea_mask = IF t_an GT -100 THEN 1 ! Use an ad hoc criterion, depending of your data

! Integrate temperature
LET RedSea_Temp = t_an[K=1:16@DIN,x=30E:45E@DIN,y=10N:30N@DIN]

! Integrate volume
LET RedSea_Vol = RedSea_mask[K=1:16@DIN,x=30E:45E@DIN,y=10N:30N@DIN]